Pages

facebook

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Handmade Sandals

Since a long time I have been wanting to make some dainty bare foot sandals for myself. The ones that could be worn on the beach or just plainly on a barefoot, obviously on a clean floor.

I saw a few designs on the internet but could not really find one worth copying and making.

Do not get me wrong here. I mean most of them were beautiful, lovely and wearable; but it seems they all seemed quite difficult and intricate to be worked upon.

That is when I thought of creating one on my own.

And then the one below was made, obviously HANDMADE.

http://handmadeselling.bigcartel.com/



This one was pretty simple as it is pretty evident from the picture itself.

I just crocheted about 20 single crochets and looped and joined them together to form a circle to sling my second feet digit to.

Then I basically kept just single crocheting till I reached the length that fitted my entire foot plus the circumference of my ankle part. (I hope you got what I mean)

Then to save it from being plain boring, I attached a Butterfly to the starting part of the anklet. It goes without saying that the butterfly was also crocheted.

Then voila! I was done in maximum half an hour. The time includes making the butterfly and sewing it to the sandal, along with securing a fish hook as a closure to the sandal.

Though since the time I made this one I got no chance to visit a beach. I therefore ended up wearing it only to work.

 And below is another one that I just made in a jiffy with some embroidery thread and transparent beads. Luckily  I got to wear this one on a beach recently.

http://handmadeselling.bigcartel.com/


Hope it looks good on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews